Tuesday, March 31, 2009

crafting inspiration from the japanese

Sometimes we get in a crafting rut and have to look beyond our little world for inspiration. We thought we'd share a few craft projects and inventions today we found totally ingenious, in case you find yourself in a rut, too.

I know I could use a Baby Mops around my house! Couldn't you? But don't worry, the text says it's not child exploitation. You're just teaching "responsibility and a healthy work ethic" to your baby!


Living in Seattle, I could really use a pair of these umbrellas to keep the tips of my toes dry.


I wonder if I could make this using my homemade butter and an empty glue stick?


The only thing missing is a garbage can for the used tissue. I bet I could attach one to my belt. . .


Perfect for nights when my husband is on call at the hospital. It would only take a half a shirt, so I could make one for myself and friend!

Yes, it's April Fool's Day tomorrow. Just keeping you all on your toes. Hope your day is full of fun!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
23 Comments

23 Responses to “crafting inspiration from the japanese”

jojoebi-designs said...

how could you have missed the lap pillow...
http://www.hemmy.net/2006/08/24/woman-lap-pillow/

and our butter comes in a tube, not quite a glue stick but handy all the same :o)

Unknown said...

Made me smile! They are ingenious aren't they!

Jennifer said...

Very funny, but tomorrow is April Fools' Day.

Miss Syida said...

that stick butter is so cool!

Southern Gal said...

Actually April Fool's is tomorrow here.

These are so hilarious!

ShareandRemember said...

You really fooled me! Then I realized April Fool's day is tomorrow.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Funny post! I may have to make that mop outfit more my kids...you know, to teach them ethics and hard work. The toilet paper above the head would be useful too with all these illnesses that are going around.

Thinking of April Fools Day, isnt that tomorrow?

Kat said...

How hilarious! Thanks for sharing, I am laughing out loud!

Rebekah said...

My daughter could use one of those toilet-paper dispensing hats today.

Pink Princess said...

LOL!! I like that half shirt pillow, shouldn't be hard to make :)

Sharlene said...

Hilarious! I love the butter glue stick and moppy infant!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

OMG! Too funny. I love the baby mop.Hehehe

Atticelf said...

LOL! Those are great and I needed the reminder to get prepped for tomorrow. :)

wholesale kid's clothing said...

I love your post, most especially the the kids wearing a weired clothes. it's fun. i like the style of the clothes. keep posting!

-altheya-

SonyaB said...

These are awsome!!! Too funny!! That baby-mop is perfect for gary right now. he's still armyschootching everwhere!

Sam said...

We laughed so hard at the dust mop baby in my office.

Anonymous said...

Wow...now those are some creations.

LiEr said...

Thank you for this post! I remember that I once owned this book - Chindogu, I think, is the name of this art form (if I remember this right). Oh it was so, so, funny, and your post reminded me of this very ingenious, creative streak of the wonderful Japanese people (and their sense of humor!) Again, thank you!

Michelle said...

Love this post!!! I often said my kids were like little Swifters when crawling, but the Baby Mop take it to a whole different level!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Brilliant!!!

Yarni Gras! said...

hmmmmmmm, I wonder if they make baby mops in teenage sizes....since kids of all ages seem to roll around on the floor! HA!

Amy said...

Wow? I love when people actually come up with useful things. Thank you, I am going to have to rush to my nearest Japanese store and stock up on all sorts of things!

Mary said...

I need that pillow too! My husband is an Ob/Gyn, just starting residency...I feel your pain. P.S. I LOVE your blog.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs