Monday, March 16, 2009

the mail sack bag

I fell in love with this bag pattern when I saw a sample at a local quilt shop. I thought this would be a perfect way to get my Heather Bailey Pop Garden fix. The pattern is by Pink Chalk Studio, another Pacific Northwest quilter/designer/blogger. Whoo hoo! This bag, the Mail Sack, comes in two sizes--I made the really big one. A fun cross-body bag is a great way to great ready for spring if you use fun, bright-colored fabrics.




Check out how roomy it is! It even has a zippered pouch and a pocket to keep you organized.

Another great bag is the Margaret Sling Bag by Oh, Fransson. This free pattern delivers a simple lined bag with a ton of style! I love the front pleat. She has a couple of examples in really cool fabrics on her blog as well. I would consider myself an intermediate seamstress, and this bag was totally doable for me.


Whip up one of these bags and you'll be ready to head out for some spring shopping!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “the mail sack bag”

Simply Vintagegirl said...

I like that style, must be fun to have around! :) I haven't made that kind of purse before, but I have made a couple others.

Joyfully,
Miss Emily Rose
www.SimplyVintagegirl.com

Stacey said...

I love Pink Chalk Studio's design as well. You did an awesome job!

LissyLou said...

fantastic bags. x

Alena Jo said...

I love it! I've been dying to make a bag. Awhile back I bought an Amy Butler bag pattern and I've been wanting to make it. I have the hardest time picking out fabric. I really want some Amy Butler style fabric, but I don't know where to get the best deals. I've looked on ebay, but I can only find 1/2 yards or smaller. Where do you buy your beautiful fabric? Any advice?

SEWButterfly said...

Such a cute bag! Fresh and Spring/Summerl

Anonymous said...

I like it!

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

Absolutely fabulous! A friend of mine gave me a link to your blog. I LOVE what you created. xo Kathy

glenna said...

That's my style!

fun "recycled" designer handbags said...

Wow, a friend of mine gave me a link to this site, and I love it!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs