Thursday, August 1, 2013

back to school lunchbox project {with michaels}


Did anyone else wake up with a feeling of disbelief this morning? Is it really August? This summer has flown by so quickly and I cannot believe that it is time to start thinking about school supplies and preparations! Luckily for us, school does not start until after Labor Day but I know many of you are starting back up in just a couple of weeks!

I always have these grand ideas of back to school crafts and special things that I will do for my kids for school starting. In reality, most of the time just getting all the supplies, shopping, school orientations and snapping a picture are about all I can manage!



This year I thought I could manage one simple yet special item to send them off with. I found these great superhero lunch boxes at Michaels and knew my boys needed them. They have wanted metal lunch boxes for a while and since they were superheroes, I caved.




I decided to paint the lids inside with chalkboard paint so that I could write messages to my boys for when they open their lunch. Michaels has chalkboard paint, brushes and chalk so you only need to make one stop and this project will be done really quickly!


Just paint the inside part of the lid all over with the chalkboard paint. I did two coats on mine and then let it dry overnight to make sure it was completely ready before using chalk on it. Before you write on it you need to rub with the side of the chalk all over the surface and then you can wipe it off and write on it.


So there you have it!  A super easy, quick back to school project that will make your kiddos feel loved with a message from you on the first day of school...and every other lunch day after too!


Be sure to visit the Michaels LookBook for more great back to school ideas. Also, remember that Michaels offers a 15% discount for teachers every day. If you need a large quantity of one back to school item but don’t see enough on the shelves, Michaels offers a bulk ordering program where you can order as many supplies as you need and save up to 20%! Download the Michaels app so that you will always have the latest deals and coupons at your fingertips in case you need last minute school supplies.

This post was written as part of a sponsored program with Michaels, but all opinions are completely my own.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs